Did you know…?
- A smoke alarm could save you in a fire.
- 90 people die each year because their smoke alarm is not working.
- Most fires start when people are cooking.
- Every 3 days someone dies from a fire started by a cigarette.
- Broken electrics start about 7,000 fires a year.
- Many people killed in house fires are asleep at the time.
More about Home Safety
In Greater Manchester we are committed to
reducing the number of fire related deaths by ensuring that every
home has at least one working smoke alarm. To ensure that this
happens we will provide safety advice and where necessary we will
offer a Free Home Safety Check and fit FREE smoke alarms (where
You are more than twice as likely to die in a fire at home if you haven't got a smoke alarm. A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you to the danger of fire, giving you precious time to escape.
Our staff carry out a FREE home safety check, and will assess the potential fire risks in your home and put together an escape plan should a fire break out in your home.
We have already fitted over 200,000 free smoke alarms in local communities throughout Greater Manchester.
So what are you waiting for?
A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you and your loved ones should a fire start in your home - giving you precious time to escape. Why not add yourself to the list. Help us to help you click here for a home safety check.